Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training
Our course will include the essential skills that an AED operator needs, giving learners the confidence in knowing what to do in a cardiac arrest emergency where an AED is available.
No previous first aid training is required to attend this course.
The content of the course includes:
- The First Aider's Role
- Responsibilities for Installations of AEDs
- Managing Emergencies
- Communication and Casualty Care
- Heart Conditions and Chest Pains
- Familiarisation of AEDs
- AED Maintenance Requirements
- Using an AED
- The Chain of Survival
- Treatment of an Unconscious Casualty
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Actions Following the Use of an AED
The course duration is 3 hours.
Candidates' learning will be assessed through continuous evaluation by the trainer and qualified assessor. The certificate will be valid for 1 year, after which time candidates will need to re-train so that they can maintain their competence.